Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Tajin Milk

Not every child in this world is lucky enough to be able to drink milk. That was my thought almost every-time I wash rice before cooking.

I don’t know since when; maybe since long time ago during our ancestors’ era, maybe it was just started tens-of -years ago. In many areas in Indonesia, where there are still a lot of people from low income families couldn’t afford to buy milk for their babies, they use rice soup as the substitute for milk.


Tajin Milk (source)


It is called ‘tajin milk’. To make ‘tajin milk’, first we need to boil the rice with large amount of water. After that we get some kind of porridge. When we filter this, we would get some rice soup. This rice soup is the one used as the substitute of milk for the babies. We can add some sugar or just plain like that.

I myself have never tried how it tastes. Actually I’m pretty curious whether ‘tajin milk’ actually really has a lot of nutrition or not because there are still a lot of pro and contra rumors about giving ‘tajin milk’ to the babies and toddlers. I don’t know about the actual usage of this ‘tajin milk’, it’s just something that caught my attention: when people are force to ‘think creatively’ in the middle of economy pressure.

(FK)

0 comments:

Post a Comment