Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Various Oils

Example of Menthol Oil (this is the brand that I usually use) (source)

Indonesia has a lot of liniment oils to prevent or cure minor diseases. I don’t know where this tradition come from, but I think almost Asian, especially in south east Asian are very common with this kind of oils.

Let me introduce you to this. It’a a menthol oil. The main ingredients, just like its name is menthol. The function of this oil is to cure a carsick sindrom which are nauseous and dizziness. It’s also good for influenza. Not to cure the flu, but to help enlightened the blocked nose so that we can breathe more easily.

I’m one of the menthol oil’s loyal consumer. When I was a little, whenever my family travelling, I always have a carsick and seasick and of course airsick. From that experience, I became menthol oil fans although I don’t have that problem again.

My whole family is also familiar with this because my brother has a dust allergy that makes him always sneeze. Then he will catch a flu and this is the time when menthol oil will relieve his blockage respiratory. We use menthol oil in our side of forehead (for dizziness) and under the nose (for respiratory).

If you never use this oil before, please be careful and don’t use a lot because this oil is very hot. Just swab a little oil to the place that you want. Cautions don’t use it on eyes and not for children.

Besides menthol oil, the other liniments oil that is very familiar in Indonesia is Cajaput Oil or Minyak Kayu Putih. I personally don’t like this oil because it makes my stomach hurt. But actually, the ingredients for this oil have a warming effect to cure stomach ache. Well, I think I’m not lucky with this oil.

[LI]

0 comments:

Post a Comment