Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Weekly ceremony

Monday ceremony at Middle School (source)


You might think I’m kidding if I say that here, public schools and governmental institutions hold a ceremony in every single week. But no, I’m not saying things. We do hold ceremony in every single Monday, isn’t it so boring?

Me, like millions other people, just following instructions and stand for about an hour or so. Not mentioning if the ceremony speaker is a talktive one, like my former headmaster... ^ ^;

Some says, ceremony is like our way to give respect to our heroes, and show our patriotism. But in fact, some of us think ceremony is simply a torture. I mean we just stand still and hearing some iteration from week to week under the blazing sun... where’s the fun?

Well, I know ceremonies is not supposed to be fun, but at least there is something about it that should make us feel the patroitism spirit. I almost felt nothing when Sang Saka Merah Putih (our national flag) being rose, or when UUD 45 (our basic act) being read... Maybe that’s because I was busy chatting with my friends? ^ ^;

Although I thought Monday ceremony is lame, but after I graduated, I kind of missed it. Monday ceremony means a lot of chance to sneaked out of my class’ line and thread way through another class. And when it came to singing we could sing our hearts out and gave it a good laugh. After it’s over we could sneak to cafetaria before entering class. And if we were lucky we could skip first lesson...

Yeah I was that kind of student. But as I grow up, I realize there are more to it. Monday ceremony is something our nation has been inherited for years. With Monday ceremony, we could always remember how hard our heroes’ struggle to rose the flag. How hard the basic act was made. How hard to brought our country to be in this very present state.

Sadly, nowadays some schools disregard Monday ceremony. Most of these schools are private ones or International ones, but not a few public schools disregard it too. Reason? It’s a waste of time. Better use the time reading textbooks than hearing and watching things.

If I was still in highschool, I would’ve think the same way and welcoming the idea with glory. But now? I feel ‘a waste of time’ is overrated. It’s only an hour, and we are not hearing or watching things. We are hearing and watching our heroes’ struggle that make us even able to go to school.

No, I’m not patriotism-wise here, just sharing my thoughts. I would love to attend Monday ceremony, but as I’m not a schooler anymore, and my job doesn’t require a ceremony, so.... ^ ^;

Well, I can sneak to my brother’s school. But then I’ll be stamped as ‘Monday ceremony freak’. xD

[OR]

0 comments:

Post a Comment